Thursday 2 May 2013

Final Piece Video Process





After doing my happening, I knew I really wanted to do something interesting with the film of it. 

First Edit:
After watching the film back I knew I wanted to speed it up, so that people could see the whole happening in a small amount of time. I also wanted the wishes to appear on the screen so that people could see the wishes in more detail. I then thought about sound, I thought it would be interesting to have the wishes read out. I questioned wither I should read out the wishes myself or I should ask different people to read out their own wishes. I came to the conclusion that it should be my voice reading the wishes out, this is because I was part of the tree and people tied the wishes on to me, and personally being part of the work is something I was aiming to explore, like most of my artist. 

First Video
http://vimeo.com/65767219

Second Edit:
After finishing this editing process I re-watch the video and was really annoyed about the black space surrounding the footage. This led me to think of various different ways in which I could fill this space. I thought it would be interesting to fill the space with beautiful photographs of the tree. I thought this would be effective as this lead people to be able to read the wishes more and see more clearly the build up of wishes and also how the tree filled up even after the happening had happened. Although I still wanted the text of the wishes come up as a read them out, this lead we to want the text coming up in the black space around we as well as the images. With the sound I felt there seems to be no build up or tension build, therefore I decided to over lay my voice reading out the wishes. I think this was effective as it added a lot to the video and make it seem more exciting. I also started to think about music but was not sure.
Third and Final Edit: 
In the final edit of the film, I was so delighted with how the pictures and wishes appear in the negative space, I though it would be exciting if it changed between, wishes, pictures and extra footage or repeated footage so that people could see this also in more detail. Also the adding of music made the piece feel a lot more emotion and tenses, which I liked. The decision to put some bits of the film in black and white and other effects makes the piece more exciting and focused on various bits of the video. 

Final Piece 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CqHHZId0gE&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment