Wednesday 24 April 2013

Yoko Ono Wish Tree Responce

After looking and understanding Yoko Ono's ideas and thoughts behind her wish tress and how she applies them differently in different exhibitions so that they apply to their location. I decided to create a wish tree in a class room in my school and invited people to add their wishes too it.


I chose to create a tree made of willow sticks, as they went with the setting of the room and where a similar colour to colour of the wood in the room. They also looked very natural and clearly signified a tree to the group of people I asked to add wishes too. I also decide to intertwine pieces of natural string to make it look more delicate. The string also allowed the wishes to seem more part of the tree as I made them with the same string. I tried to create the tags on things what were also made of things that had very natural colours as this was they look I was going for.


I invited a group of young people to add their wishes to the tree, and then left a box of tags for people to continutly add their wishes to the tree. It was interesting to see how some people wrote their wishes straight away and other took almost an hour to think about what they truly wanted to wish for. It was also interesting to see how and where people placed their wishes and what this means about them and their wishes.




I think this outcome was successful due to the amount of wishes, and allowing people to break down barriers to revel something a bit more about themself, it also lead to people talking creating interation between each other. If I did this outcome again, I would invite more people to write on wishes and do it for a longer period of time in a more public space. I like the nautrelnes of all thr colours and how they worked together. It was intresting to see what people wrote on their wishes -especally beacuse once they have tied the wish on it was annoimuses. I think these lead people to feel more free out what they we're writing. 


1 comment:

  1. Great final piece! Maybe you could talk about why it was successful was x

    ReplyDelete