Wednesday 24 April 2013

Yoko Ono Wishes

After doing my Roy Lichtenstein response I found the technique of doing around my local area with a board and asking people to write everious things very effective. Therefore I through I would be interesting to see what people wrote if I walked around and asked people to write their wishes in a bubble. It was interesting how people took a lot longer to think about what they wished for than what they thought (Lichtenstein Response) I also found it interesting the diffecne between the wishes people wrote on the wish tree and the wishes that the wrote in the bubble. It seemed that people wishes for a lot bigger things when they knew they were getting their picture taken with it ('I wish for a REVELUTION') this is unlike the wishes on the wish tree ('I wish for good grades') 




After looking a Gillian Wearing, I though this outcome also reflected similar things to her work. Like Wearing I had to have a social interaction will all these people who I spoke too, this interaction between myself the artist and them was as interesting as what they wrote on the whip broad. It was interesting to see how everyone reacted so differently to being asked the same question. Also like Wearing I did not want to infurence what they wrote on the board, I wanted them to feel free to write anything they wanted to. This also links back Yoko Ono's cut piece as I as an artist did not have control over what they wrote, which is similar to Ono not having control over which piece of her dress audience members cut off. 

As a response I think this was very effective as it brought my key artist together, in a very simple and effective way. I think this idea of not being in control as an artist is the main thing I'm going to take from this and I think this something that I really want to explore strongly in my final outcome. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting reflection on this mini-response- however there is some editing to be done.

    Again extend your comments further- what did you learn from this? How does it link to your overall aim of the project? -and most importantly how are you going to develop from this..? Everything should flow into another idea and should have a purpose. I also really think this links strongly to Wearing and would like you to draw similarities with each of your key artists.

    ReplyDelete