Wednesday 24 April 2013

Roy Lichtenstein/ Gillian Wearing Responce

After going to the Litchenstein exhibitions, I found his work looking at peoples thoughts extremely interesting. I wanted to think of a create and effective way in which I would I could capture peoples thoughts and create some sort of social interaction. However this outcome also strongly links to Gillian Wearing, who talks to people and asks them to write down and hold up things about themselves on pieces of paper.

I came up with the idea to walk around my local area and ask people to write their thoughts on a whip board with a thought bubble on.















Here are some of the responses that I had, I think the proses of people writing it down made them think what what where they thinking about. This technique was very simple, like Wearing's, but worked very effectively in completing what I set out to do. I think as an outcome this was very successful as it broke down a barrier between myself the artist and the audience, this lead to a moment of social interaction between us. It was also interesting to draw things out which you may not know from just looking at them, like Wearing does. The uses of a speech bubble was very effective was it is a universal simple and needed little explain which to do.

2 comments:

  1. I think these responses actually incorperate several of your key artists- have a read about Gillian Wearing who we have discussed a lot. I think this work you have done links to her more. I want you to create a wide range of mini responses to her- asking the public to engage with your ideas:

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2011/aug/29/gillian-wearing-self-made

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete